Thursday, January 14, 2010

BULLETIN

(Monmouth, IL) Monmouth College quarterback Alex Tanney has been selected as the top football player in the nation among Division III colleges. Tanney was selected by a nationwide panel as this year’s winner of the Melberger award, given since 1933 to the nation’s top player in the division.

Tanney led the division last season with 3,856 passing yards, 44 passing TDs and one rushing touchdown. He is a two time Midwest Conference Offensive Player of the year.

In accepting the award, Tanney said “I have to credit all the great players around me who make my job easy. Coach Bell and his staff have really helped me develop my skills, but like any ward, it’s really a reflection of the success of our team.”
The Melberger Award includes a donation of $2,500 for the college’s general scholarship fund. Tanney is a junior business major from Normal, Ill/Lexington.

No comments:

Post a Comment